Grilled Seafood Labor Day Delights: Must-Try Seafood Recipes
Labor Day is approaching, so it's time to fire up the Grill for one last summertime hurrah. While burgers and hotdogs may be your first thought, why not switch things up this year and include some delicious grilled seafood?
Not only is seafood a healthier alternative to traditional grilling fare, but seafood is also an option that can count as an appetizer or main dish. So enjoy your last taste of summer in style with exceptional recipes featuring savory grilled delicacies from Oceanbox!
Recipes for Easy and Delicious Grilled Seafood Delights
Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Mango Salsa Recipe:
Looking for a delicious seafood dish to serve up this Labor Day? Look no further than these grilled shrimp skewers with sweet, tangy mango salsa. The succulent shrimp are marinated in a savory blend of spices, then grilled on skewers for a smoky flavor that pairs perfectly with the fresh, fruity salsa. The juicy chunks of mango, combined with red onion, cilantro, and lime juice, create a refreshing and bold flavor that perfectly compliments the grilled shrimp. This recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser for your Labor Day celebration!
1 pound of large Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 teaspoon of paprika
1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
Salt and pepper (to taste)
Bamboo skewers (that have been soaked in water for at least a half hour)
1 ripe mango (peeled and diced)
1/4 cup of red onion (chopped finely)
1/4 cup of fresh cilantro (chopped)
Juice of 1 lime
1. Preheat your Grill to medium-high heat.
2. In a large bowl, mix the olive oil, minced garlic, paprika, chili powder, salt, and pepper together.
3. Add the shrimp to the marinade and toss to coat evenly.
4. Thread the shrimp onto the skewers, leaving a small space between each piece.
5. Grill the shrimp skewers for approximately 3-4 minutes per side until they are pink and cooked through.
6. While the shrimp cooks, make the mango salsa. In another bowl, combine the diced mango, red onion, cilantro, and lime juice.
7. Toss the salsa to mix everything together.
8. Once the shrimp is done cooking, serve them hot off the Grill with a generous helping of mango salsa on the side.
This Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Mango Salsa recipe is a healthy and flavorful way to enjoy seafood at home. The shrimp are marinated in a punchy mix of spices to give them a delicious depth of flavor. The juicy and sweet mango salsa adds freshness and tanginess to complement the shrimp. Grilling the shrimp on skewers not only adds a visual appeal but also ensures even cooking. A perfect recipe to wow your guests or simply indulge in some delicious, guilt-free dinner. Bon appétit!
For a big party check out Oceanbox's Ultimate BBQ Box, which includes two pounds of peeled and deveined shrimp, one pound of Alaskan King Grabs, and four Domestic Lobster Tails. You'll have enough for this recipe and so much more!
Lemon and Herb Baked Salmon on the Grill Recipe:
Lemon and Herb Baked Salmon on the Grill will satisfy the pickiest eaters with its light taste and the perfect blend of savory flavors. It also includes healthy ingredients.
4 Salmon filets
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat your Grill to medium-high heat.
2. Cut two lemons into thin slices and set the slices aside.
3. In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, finely chopped parsley, and rosemary leaves to create a herb marinade together.
4. Season both sides of the salmon filets with salt and freshly ground black pepper before brushing them generously with the herb marinade.
5. Take a sheet of aluminum foil and place it on top of the grill grates, folding up the edges to create a tray.
6. Arrange the lemon slices on top of the aluminum foil tray and lay the herb-marinated salmon filets over the lemon slices.
7. Close the lid of your Grill and allow the salmon to cook for approximately 10 to 15 minutes, or until it is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
8. Once cooked, remove the grilled lemon and herb-baked salmon from the aluminum foil tray and garnish with additional lemon slices and fresh herbs if desired.
This recipe is not only healthy but also very versatile. The flavorful herbs and tangy lemon make it a perfect dish for any season. You can also experiment with different types of fish, such as halibut or trout, for a twist on this classic recipe.
Enjoy this delightful dish at your next backyard barbecue or family dinner with Oceanbox's Salmon Lovers Box, which includes four Servings or two Trays of King, Canadian, and Norwegian Salmon, and watch as your guests rave about its incredible taste and superb texture.
Grilled Tilapia with Garlic-Parsley Butter Recipe:
Grilled Tilapia with Garlic-Pasley Butter is a brilliant dish packed full of rich flavor and delicate textures, making it a perfect dish to serve on Labor Day. In this recipe, we'll show you how to create mouthwatering Grilled Tilapia with Garlic-Parsley Butter in just a few simple steps:
4 Tilapia filets (about 6oz each)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1/2 lemon, cut into wedges for serving
1. First off, preheat your Grill or broiler to medium-high heat.
2. Next, brush both sides of the Tilapia filets with olive oil and gently season with salt and pepper.
3. Place the Tilapia filets on the Grill and cook them for about 3-4 minutes on each side. You'll know they're cooked when the flesh is opaque, and the skin is nice and crispy.
4. While the Tilapia's cooking, prepare the garlic-parsley butter. Combine the minced garlic, softened butter, and chopped parsley in a small bowl. Mix it all together until the ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
5. Once the Tilapia is done, remove it from the Grill and place it on a serving platter. Spoon the garlic-parsley butter on top of the Tilapia filets.
6. Garnish with lemon wedges.
Voila! Your Grilled Tilapia with Garlic-Parsley Butter is now ready to serve. Prepare to savor the delectable notes of buttery garlic and fresh parsley, seamlessly blending with the deliciously grilled Tilapia. This dish is sure to satisfy even the most discerning of palates and leave them craving for more. So, hurry up and try this recipe to experience its sumptuous glory!
Side Dishes for Your Labor Day Grilled Seafood Feast
Once you have your grilled seafood you might consider what to pair these delights with. Many things pair well with seafood, including a light and refreshing cucumber salad or some grilled vegetables for healthy options. You can perfectly pair your grilled seafood delights with side dishes such as fruit salads or cedar plank roasted potatoes. Want something indulgent? Opt for garlic butter mashed potatoes, rice pilaf, or corn on the cob slathered in melted butter. Whatever you choose, these sides will complement your Labor Day grilled seafood feast.
Grilled seafood is the perfect way to celebrate Labor Day and indulge in delicious seafood delights. Whether you prefer succulent shrimp, tender scallops, or fresh fish, there are plenty of easy and tasty recipes to try. From zesty marinades to delectable herb rubs, the options are endless. Enjoy the warm weather while grilling up some amazing seafood delights with these seafood recipes!
Whether hosting a big backyard bash or enjoying a quiet evening at home, grilled seafood is a delicious and healthy option for you to enjoy this labor day.
So check out Oceanbox now for fresh, sustainable seafood to try these recipes out for yourself and have a wonderful and relaxing labor day!
For more holiday seafood ideas and blogs, visit us here!